Well here they are, it ended up being 9 skeins instead of 7 because I just couldn’t make up my mind on a couple of them but I think 9 is a good number anyways because that is a week plus an extra weekend really. I really love the variety of shades of yellow and the variety of the feel of the yarn between the skeins. It’s going to be such an enjoyable project to work on each pair because they will all be so different and yet so similar. Also some of these yarns are ones that I have been wanting to try for a while or they have been gifted to me so it will be nice to remember the people who have given me the yarn for these socks as I knit and also to try some new yarns out in the process.
In case anyone is wondering since I purposely covered the tags as much as possible for the picture, the yarns for the project are:
- Riverside Studio Merino Sock
- Sweet Georgia Tough Love Sock
- Classic Elite Yarns Alpaca Sox
- Agrestal Yarns Grand River Sock
- Knit Picks Stroll Tonal
- Manos del Urguay Alegria
- West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4ply
- Sandnes Garn Sisu
- Online Supersocke Mali-Color
Of course I don’t have all the yarn with me as I am writing this post and I didn’t think to take pictures of the ball bands before I left so I can’t remember the colourways but I guess as I post about the individual socks I will go into details about that.
As far as patterns go I have quite a few I am certain on and a few that are still pending a final decision. I am for sure going to make:
- Drachenschwingen by Scarlet Plume
- Tauriel by Josiah Bain
- Business Casual by Tanis Lavallee
- Purple Sage Socks by Romi Hill
- Monte Cristo by Caoua Coffee
- Apis Dorsata by Anna Sudo (And yes I know this pattern isn’t for socks but I am going to use the stitch pattern because I think it looks so awesome and that it would be perfect for a pair of yellow socks
And the patterns that I am considering or am still on the fence about are:
- Kansas Harvest Socks by Jeanie Townsend
- Kalajoki by Tiina Partanen
- Honey Badger by Irishgirlieknits
- Oak Leaf Socks by Kelly Porpiglia
- Rapunzel’s Tower by Becky Greene
There are more patterns than skeins at the moment so I need to narrow it down a bit still but if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them in the comments.
I have a couple of gift knitting projects to finish before I let myself get completely carried away with this series so I can’t start right now, but now that I have all the yarn together and patterns mostly picked out I am getting super excited about it. I can’t wait, this series is going to be so much fun!