The red sweater I finished knitting a while ago has been sitting just waiting for me to get up the motivation to weave in the ends and sew on the buttons. Last night I decided that I really want to wear it tomorrow because it’s thanksgiving weekend (in Canada) and it just seems like a nice style and colour for thanksgiving so now the sweater that I was dragging my feet on getting done is getting its millions of ends woven in at lightning speed. The top half of the body is done now so it’s just the sleeves and the bottom of the sweater (where most of the ends are) to finish.
Last night I also tackled the buttons, it took a long time because I wanted it to look good and do it right but I think they look really cute and I tried it on and the neckline sits and looks great now that I can button the back of neck up right so I’m really happy with it. I didn’t trust the yarn to hold the buttons on so I actually used black sewing thread to sew them on first and then just pulled the yarn through once after to make it look nice.
I think I am really gonna love this sweater and wear it a lot. I’m very glad that I decided to rip out the other sweater I had knit with this yarn and make this instead. Of course because I did that there were many small balls of yarn and twice as many ends. I have a lot of weaving in to get done today, wish me luck!