I woke up this morning and found myself with a bunch of unexpected free time so I decided to do some spinning today.
I finally finished spinning the singles for this yarn and plied it. This was some random locks that I bought a while ago just to try spinning from a different fibre prep. I soon discovered that it was very low quality stuff, very matted and a huge range in staple length, from 1.5 to 8 inches or so. It really was a difficult spin but I’m glad that it’s finally off the spindle. It actually had quite a nice halo to it and is fairly thin. I don’t know how I managed it (well actually I do, it’s because I set it down for 4 months and left it) but I some how managed to switch which direction I was spinning the singles part way through so probably around 60% of it is accidentally an opposing twist yarn. I also decided to try an Andean plying bracelet this time which I’m sure would have worked great except that I screwed up the wrapping pattern once in the middle and it just wouldn’t run after than so I had to painfully rewind it all in the middle of plying which was horribly awkward. The making of this yarn really wasn’t ideal in any way but I think it turned out alright so it doesn’t matter now it’s done.
I also finally had some time today to mend the huge hole in the butt of my favourite jeans which I have not had time/been putting off for months. I think it turned out well and I am wearing them as I write this post.